Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Exhibition: Gift of the Nile, Guelph Museums, US

Guelph Mercury

Egypt, Gift of the Nile, a travelling exhibit from the Royal Ontario Museum, opens at the Guelph Civic Museum on Saturday, Jan. 31. . . .

Egypt, Gift of the Nile explores Egyptian civilization through its 10 centres: Introduction, Personal Adornment, Make-up and Perfume, Feeding the Household, Buildings Large and Small, Family Life, Education, Religion, Funerary Religion and the Afterlife. Also included with the exhibit will be hands on activities for children.

The exhibit continues at the Guelph Civic Museum until March 29, 2009.


See the above page for more.

Details of the Guelph Civic Museum in Canada can be found on the Guelph Arts website.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are confusing the abreviation .ca for California with Canada. The Guelph Museum is in Guelph, Ontario, Canada.

Timothy Reid said...

That is correct the show was fun when it was in Surrey, British Columbia CANADA

Andie said...

Sorry world and particularly Canada. I actually knew that the exhib was in CANADA but my mad brain went off on its own for a few minutes. Thanks for the correction.

I clearly need a software upgrade to my brain but I don't think that it is going to happen any day soon.

Thanks, Tim, for signing your name. It always much better and more personal from my point of view to reply to someone who isn't anonymous although it is good to hear from anyone, however impersonal.

Cheers to all
Andie

Anonymous said...

I didn't mean to be impersonal. My name is Ron.I was in a hurry and it seemed like the quickest/simplest option. Again my name is Ron and I am a big fan of your site.

Andie said...

Thanks Ron. Much appreciated, and good to hear from you. I know what it is like to be in a hurry!

All the very best
Andie