Saturday, March 21, 2009

Book News: Paperback release of Silent Images

drhawass.com

Hawass has announced on his website that his book Silent Images has been re-released by the AUC in paperback. Here is what he says about it:

I am very happy to announce that my book Silent Images: Women in Pharaonic Egypt has just been re-released by the American University in Cairo Press in a beautiful new paperback edition. I am honored that the new edition includes a foreward by H.E. Mrs. Suzanne Mubarak, Egypt's First Lady, who inspired the original work.

The book was born in 1995. At that time, Dr. Forkhanda Hassan, a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh who was assisting Mrs. Suzanne Mubarak in organizing events dedicated to women’s issues, asked to meet with me. Dr. Forkhanda told me that Mrs. Mubarak was planning to attend the Fourth UNESCO World Conference on Women in Beijing, and wanted me to write a book on women in ancient Egypt.

At that point, I was not working at Giza, for reasons that I have written about before. I had time to research the subject in great depth, and I feel that the book turned out extremely well.

See the above page to read more.

No comments: