Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thanks to the Friends of the Petrie for a great evening

I enjoyed the summer party held by the Friends of the Petrie Museum of Egyptian Archaeology on Friday night, and it was great to catch up with so many old friends and to meet some new ones. Thanks to Jan Picton for inviting me to take up position behind the bar.

Behind the bar I was definitely the thorn between two wonderful roses - thanks very much to both John and John for keeping me so wonderfully entertained! It was also great to see Lucia, Jean (with whom I was at the Gilf a couple of years ago on a terrific trip), Tass (it was fabulous to see you again) and some of the gang from the Bloomsbury Summer School. A very happy hello too to people who are new to me - Lara, who gave me some brilliant catering tips, Carol, with whom I chatted about Coptic studies whilst filling canapes, Sarah who has a way of carrying tables into elevators which defies description and Abeida (sorry about the guess-spelling) who has a wonderful and completely addictive laugh. I shan't be missing another partyheld by the Friends of the Petrie again!

No comments: